Skip to content
- Wrote and then revised a PB manuscript based on a story from Talmud.
- Got 2 thoughtful and extremely helpful critiques on the manuscript through the Jewish KidLit Maven group.
- Sent the same manuscript to a publisher.
- It wasn’t a NO! I was asked to revise the manuscript and RESUBMIT! The elements that I had added in that I thought would add to the appeal were the things the publisher didn’t like. It was suggested that I consider changing the setting. I got started straight away and am having so much fun with this.
- Got some reading time: Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon and This Narrow Space by Elisha Waldman
- Plan to start to use Goodreads and/or post book reviews
- I still have two other PB manuscripts (a Talmud story retelling and a historical fiction) that I haven’t heard anything back on. One is with a publisher who responded immediately to ask a few questions about my bio. The other MS is with two different publishers.
- I finished revising my MG HF by essentially just cutting out all of Chapter 2 (my darlings must go) and then cutting out another 10% from the beginning of the book. That alone, I hope, has improved the pace of the novel.
Share This Article