Skip to content
- Edited Rosh Hashanah PB after critique group feedback
- Edited Sukkot PB with co-author
- Received my rejection from Modern Love, but will search for another home for my piece
- Sent two more chapters of MG historical fiction to my critique partner. I can’t say enough good things about finding a critique partner. I’m in a critique group that I also love, but that group meets monthly and has us each critiquing 5-6 stories typically in a single day. In between, we laugh and catch up, eat, and drink. When there was still an outside world, this was undoubtedly always one of my favorite evenings in the month. My critique partner and I exchange two chapters every week. We send it on Tuesday and return on Saturday. The agreement is to stick to this schedule, but we’re both mothers of four children, so we acknowledge that sometimes life gets in the way. So far, in week 5, things are going great. We are both working on MG and have manuscripts that are roughly the same length. Her feedback is thoughtful and informed. She is both critical and complimentary. I’m enjoying this part of the process.
- Edited an old essay
- Looked at pitches on #wmpitch. I didn’t enter but used it as an opportunity to write a pitch for my WP: Botched defection plot. Car racing toward forever apart. 12-year-old Mila, a Soviet piano prodigy, must choose between freedom or family.