I didn’t name these shorts for nothing.
Sorry for all the deadlines I have missed. I would like to say that it won’t happen again, but it likely will.
I have though managed to complete a picture book manuscript this week that I’m particularly proud of! I’ve found the picture book drafting process very rewarding in that I’m able to complete manuscript word counts when they are limited to 600 words. I’ve also been focusing on ideas that I’ve either researched already for larger projects or on ideas that don’t require research. For the same reason, 100-word essays have been particularly satisfying. It’s not that these are easy, but the word counts are certainly more manageable.
As of next week, I’m officially back to revising an older manuscript (YA contemporary) that I am very excited about and to writing a short story MG HF collection.